My, Devotion to Him #277
Isn’t it great when you order something and when it arrives it has everything you need to assemble or use? We love having everything we need in one package; whether it’s a furniture piece, makeup kits, cookware to even ordering the complete meal kit to cook yourself. It’s the convenience that we like. The less work we have to do the better.
Well, God is the complete package. Romans 8:17 says that if we are children of God, we are “heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ.” He has everything we need in Christ: spiritually, emotionally, and physically. How awesome is that!
Lets’ break these things down:
- John 15:26 – But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.
- Romans 8:11 – And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
- Romans 8:26 – In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words.
- Proverbs 3:5 – Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
- John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Physically (meaning rest, clothing, food and financial):
- Philippians 4:19 – And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 6:31-32 – Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
- Matthew 11:29-30 – Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gently and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
- Deuteronomy 8:18 – You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
When God becomes the sole focus in our lives, everything else gets in line. What else in your life provides everything for you? Your job? Your marriage? Your family? Your church? I don’t think so. Everything we have deals with relationships with other human beings. And, as we all have experienced, they let us down. So why do we continue to shop an al la cart menu when God is the whole platter in one. Stop searching through money, relationships, drugs, alcohol, sex, jobs, or social media for wholeness. We will never find in it in any of those. True wholeness can only be found in Christ. In Him is everything we will ever need!
Copyright © 2021 by Shannon Olinger
Published by SpiritWarriorMinistry.com per agreement which has been agreed upon between SpiritWarriorMinistry.com and Author Shannon Olinger. Publication has been reviewed and deemed to be in line with SpiritWarriorMinistries faith and vision.
Devotionals by Shannon Olinger